April 11, 2011

Summing Up my Life in 700 Words or Less (Projects and Updates)


A lot has happened in the past week so I thought I would start this week off with an update.

Commenting at Aaron Outward

I just wanted each of you to know that I love and cherish each and every one of your comments.  I think they add so much to the blog and each of my posts.  I try to reply to each individual comment, although it sometimes might take me a day or so.  So if you leave a comment on a post, make sure you go back and check in a couple days because there will be a response to you.  Sometimes I even ask questions back so make sure you check :)
My Photos
I was surprised with the overwhelming response to how much you all seem to enjoy my photographs, so I have decided to continue posting them.  I am going to try and start each post with one of my photos instead of the cartoons I used to use and then each Friday I will post what I think are my best photos from the past week.  I need your help though!
1.      The Best Pics of the Week Series on Friday needs a name.  Best pics of the week, just doesn’t sound creative enough. I know collectively we can do much better than that.  So please leave your comments with a great creative name for this series. 
2.      I am going to leave all my photos Untitled when initially posted on the blog.  I think this leaves the photo its story more open to each person’s individual interpretation.  But I do think they need a title.  So I would love each of you to leave a comment with what you would name each photo.  I think this will be a fun undertaking and I will go back and update the photo with the best titles.
Project 365
I am still on track with my photography project 365.  I have taken a photo each day so far.  I have built a website to post a photo from each day.  I will probably include a little blurb with each photo but can’t make any promises ;)  This site won’t be updated daily, as two blogs would surely be the death of me J but I will try for weekly.  I will let you know when there are updates.
The site is located at Aaron Offord Photography
It is updated now with my journey so far so check it out and let me know what you think
Health Update
Here are the updates from my doctor’s checkup this past Friday.
·         I am officially in the Team B clinic.  This is the clinic for people past their 100 day post transplant mark.  The only real difference is I have to do a couple different stretches for the doctor to monitor for chronic GVHD and I have to wait A LOT longer to get to see the doctor

·         I began another taper on my steroid.  This week I am down to 70mg and then next week I taper myself to 60mg before seeing the doctors again.  That should mean I will be tapered to 50mg in my next appointment!  That is ¼ what I used to be on. J

·         I no longer have to monitor my blood sugars any longer.  This was more of an annoyance because you have to prick your finger twice a day.  These past couple months have been extremely educational to me in terms of learning how eating, exercise, and hydration affect your sugar.  I have gotten quite good at maintaining my sugars now.  Now I only have to check my sugars if I feel symptoms of high blood sugar or at Amy’s discretion J

·         They have switched my anti-fungal drug.  This drug was really expensive (~$1000/wk) so it is nice to not deal with that.  In addition, I had to take it 3 times a day daily.  Imagine having cherry cough syrup 3 times a day for 4 months and you will understand my pleasure with moving to 3 pills once a week

·         My Hickman Line is being removed on April 21st! This line hasn’t bothered me but it is such a symbol of journey that I think that its removal when I really start feel like my recovery process has begun.  It will be nice to not have to constantly be worry about it.  They are removing it because all it is right now to me is a potential site of infection and just poses a risk to me.  I am hoping they will let me keep it, if not I intend to sneak it out of there somehow.  This is a souvenir I want really badly, it has been inside my heart for the past 6 months.  I mean if that doesn’t deserve to be framed on a wall what does J
Well that is all of the updates for nowRemember we need a title for today’s photo, so please leave your suggestions.


Did You Enjoy This Blog? Get all my posts delivered FREE to your email!

No comments:

Post a Comment